Friday, April 6, 2007

already dead

Life's short and I’m smoking it away,
who gives a damn, i'm dying anyway,
slowly, painfully, in this godforsaken ghetto
breath by breath, blow by blow

the red glow at the tip of my fingers
is the only thing alive, where gloom lingers
twisted in agony, by mandatory sacrifice
from the ashes, will a phoenix rise?

with my soul at stake, the dice rolls
in the fabric of reason, there are gaping holes
with every puff, a fleeting moment of bliss
what's the use, life has lost it's fizz

my bastion of principles, is riddled with holes
betrayed by society, compromised by moles
i fight a lost battle, to retain my hold
my soul haunts me, stand up for what you think, be bold.

i envy them, who traded their principles,
for gems, jewels and glittering metals
they live in comfort, oblivious of the world
for it was their soul they sold


Compromise it is then, but why

i pity them too, for that's not life
measely cogs, in the mechanized strife
die or be tied to a yoke,
death i choose, and so i smoke


betrayed by loved ones,
never was she mine,
offered my soul, ridiculed at mine
wonder where my narcissism is
yet again i smoke
is it the beginning of the end?
is the fate of albatross sealed?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i m flattered.. i am not sure if flattered is quite the only thng... moved mayb..

keep it up (well mayb not in d same agony mayb)

to end it..
"may i borrow it plz"

Tanaya said...

dude thts one hell of an original composition...
all i havta say.... tht DOES impress me much!!

p said...

:)

do identify with parts of it. with a slightly more cheerful intonation. probably that too is just a matter of time..